Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday update (by Fleming)


This morning we woke up around 7:30 and some of us went to breakfast. At 8:30, we gathered in the lobby and loaded the bus. We drove out to San Pedro and dropped one group off to run a clinic at Nelson Rodrique’s baseball program (with Denny) and the rest of us went to run a clinic for Rico Carde’s baseball program. There were 6 of us at Rico Carde, and we all broke up and ran different groups like hitting, throwing, fielding and running. I ran the hitting station. There were a lot of kids, so I had them each take 5 swings, and then rotate out. I was impressed by all the kids and I can tell they are very well taught. While I was throwing to them, a man come over and started talking with me, and I was able to use my Spanish to talk back to him. After the clinic, I gave my testimony as Mercedes translated to them and prayed with them and a lot of kids accepted Christ as their Savior.

1 comment:

Cyndy Ferretti said...

Great job guys! We are awed by what God is doing through you and the lives that you are touching. Love the pictures and updates.
Love and prayers,
Laurel and Cyndy Ferretti